UITP (International Association of Public Transport) is a passionate champion of sustainable urban mobility and is the only worldwide network to bring together all public transport stakeholders and all sustainable transport modes. We have 1,300 member companies giving access to over 14,000 contacts from 92 countries. Our members are public transport authorities and operators, policy decision-makers, research institutes and the public transport supply and service industry. The manager for organizing authorities is responsible for the organizing authorities’ assembly. In this function, he/she coordinates and oversees the involvement of the organizing authorities in the various activities of UITP.
- In particular, the manager coordinates the work of the organizing authorities committee, as well as its working groups (studies, reports, events and meetings, etc.).
- This involves also, among other things, ensuring the quality and promotion of the deliverables led by the committee: reports, publications, events, etc.
- The manager has the ability to represent UITP at public events, and to network within the sector to extend the outreach of UITP as well as tounderstand and contribute to relevant debates among the actors of the sector.
- The manager is expected to monitor the relevant budget lines and reach financial objectives assigned in the framework of the UITP budget.
- He or she should be able to actively lead membership development in his segment.
- The manager for organizing authorities reports directly to the Director for Knowledge and Membership Services.
- This position involves regular traveling.
- He/she is expected to have a university degree
- He/she is expected to have a good knowledge of urban and public transport in general, and of the nature and role of organizing authorities in particular
- To perform the tasks, he/she is expected to have very good oral and written communication skills
- He/she should have excellent knowledge of English and French, additional languages are an asset
- He/she should have good IT skills.
UITP offers an opportunity to work in a dynamic and international environment and contacts with its members worldwide.
Please send your CV and covering letter using the online application on our website.
Deadline for applications:
30 Jun 2015
Temporary contract dates:
01 Jul 2015