Welcome to the November edition of the Eltis newsletter.
This month we highlight the winners of the Road Safety Charter Awards 2021, and the latest translations of the guidelines for developing and implementing a Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (SUMP), and the associated decision-makers’ summaries.
We share details of:
- the European Commission's new publications on improving work-life balance and fighting gender stereotypes in the transport sector;
- a transnational handbook on pilots for low-carbon mobility in functional urban areas;
- an open access book on cross-border transport and mobility in the EU;
- an info kit for cities that provides information on the Mission ‘100 Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities by 2030’;
- the revamp of the TRIMIS website.
Finally, we feature case studies that look at the large-scale introduction of cargo bikes, the engagement of citizens in traffic-counting in Slovenia, the use of mobility contracts in new developments in Graz (Austria) and road safety coaching for municipalities across the Flemish region in Belgium.
Please note that the home page of the Eltis website is frequently updated with details of useful online networking events and webinars. Many of these events are arranged at short notice, so it’s worth checking in on a regular basis.
The Eltis team