The international summer school “Sustainable city mobility: Modern approaches to planning and design of transformation of city districts” is being organised as part of the UNDP-GEF “City of Almaty Sustainable Transport” (CAST) project. It will facilitate the transfer of theoretical and practical knowledge to young specialists and discuss modern approaches to territory development planning and various issues related to the low carbon development of cities.
It will take place from 8-12 August 2017 in Almaty, Kazakhstan. The venue of the Summer School will be confirmed later.
The Summer School aims to:
- dissemination of lessons learned and experience of successful preparation and implementation of projects on sustainable mobility;
- acquaint participants with the best international practice in the field of transit-oriented development;
- train young specialists on comprehensive approaches to city planning;
- update the theoretical base and facilitate the development of a platform for cooperation with universities, design institutions, and international organisations involved in the devising and implementation of city development plans;
- aid the professional development of specialists in the fields of transport, urban planning and territory development control.
Young transport specialists and transport planners and researchers are invited to take part in the Summer School.
Registration is required and participation is free. The application form can be accessed here.