On 24 October, Managing Automated Vehicles Enhances Network (MAVEN) is running a workshop on the impact of automated vehicles on traffic management.
The workshop aims to:
- Explore how instrumented vehicles are expected to interact with city roads and how this may affect traffic management and wider transport goals
- Provide insights into the role of communication technology in connected and automated transport
- Encourage local authorities to explore their responsibilities as CCAV evolves
The workshop will cover a variety of topics, including:
- Traffic management through C-ITS and automation
- Deploying digital infrastructure
- City and region-level traffic management strategies
The workshop is primarily aimed at local authorities; however, other urban transport stakeholders are welcome to attend.