'Future mobility trends – digitalisation opportunities' is the 5th event of the Web ITS Forum and organised in cooperation by the European ITS Platform with CEDR and ASECAP. It is scheduled to take place during EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK on 20 September 2021 at 09:00.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a huge impact on mobility, both for cities and for motorways. The European vaccination programme allows citizens to hope for a new social normality. On the other hand, the attitude of citizens is changing: smart working and digital cooperation are expected to have a long term impact on mobility, possibly even through promoting different approaches to human settlements, which are more sustainable.
- What has changed today in European mobility?
- What can we imagine will stay as a legacy for the future of road mobility?
- Which are the key actions that the main stakeholders are considering to get prepared for the future?
Speakers include representatives of: European Parliament TRAN committee, EC DG MOVE, CEDR, ASECAP, EU EIP SINA (ASTM Group Italy), IMT, Armis, ETH - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, EC JRC, UITP, IRU, MANTRA, and Vinci Autoroutes.
The main topics to be discussed are:
- Future of road mobility and motorways
- COVID-19 as a catalyst of change for traffic and transport demand
- Challenges and opportunities for digitalization of transport
EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK takes place from 16-22 September every year as the European Commission’s flagship awareness-raising campaign on sustainable urban mobility. It promotes behavioural change in favour of active mobility, public transport, and includes a focus on Intelligent Transport Solutions (ITS).