Do not miss the leading cycle tourism conference in Europe, a unique occasion to share knowledge, highlight good practices and encourage further development of the EuroVelo network and cycle tourism generally across Europe. It will be an interesting and exciting event for bike and tourism professionals alike!
The conference will take place in Hasselt (Belgian Limburg), at the Radisson Blu Hotel, on 26-28 September 2018. The EuroVelo and Cycle Tourism Conference registration package includes a welcome reception, full access to the Conference, a closing dinner and a social programme.
The programme will include two plenary sessions as well as parallel sessions in topics such as:
- Experiences – Innovation
- Cycling hardware – Cycle highways
- Marketing and promotion
- Experiences – Developing successful cycle tourism products
- Cycling hardware – Innovation
- Sustainable tourism – Combining bicycles with public transport
More detailed information about the draft programme is available here.
On Friday, September 28, you will have the chance to take part in social activitiesto discover the Limburg province by bike. The following site visits are planned in the morning:
- Bike Valley, a guided visit of this Open Innovation Center for the Cycling Industry, featuring a unique low speed wind tunnel, a climate room and a bike manufactory;
- Circuit Zolder, a circuit open to all cycling disciplines that hosted several world championships in road cycling, BMX and cyclocross;
- Cycling through water, a ride through the ponds of the Wijers on a 33-km cycle path passing several heritage sites and natural top spots;
- Meuse route, a ride alongside the Meuse riverbanks and through the Riverpark Meuse Valley, with a short ferry ride taking you to the Dutch riverbank;
- Cultural heritage route, a discovery of some original places in Hasselt, namely the Japanese garden, the Jenever Museum and the Ring Ring Project, a bicycle art project in the center of Hasselt.
We know that the choice will be difficult, but you can read more about the visits here before choosing which one to join!
imburg will also host the Annual National EuroVelo Coordinators and Coordination Centres Meeting on September 26, an opportunity for the National EuroVelo Coordination Centres and Coordinators (NECC/Cs) to network with each other and share experiences and best practices.
If you would like to be a speaker at the conference, the call for abstracts is still open on the website and you have until June 21st to submit an abstract related to one of the afore-mentioned topics.
We look forward to welcoming you in Limburg this September for lively discussions about the future of cycle tourism with the top experts in the field!