European Week of Regions and Cities
The European Week of Regions and Cities is an annual four-day event, during which cities and regions showcase their capacity to generate growth, implement European Union cohesion policy, and prove the importance of the local and regional-level action.
Developing from the initial concept, the event has become a European networking platform for experts in regional and local development. Exchange of good practice in economic development and social inclusion, cross-border cooperation, public-private partnerships, regional innovation and community-led local development have become some of its many topics.
Over the years, the event has grown into the key event on EU Regional Policy. It welcomes around 6,000 participants in October every year (local, regional, national and European decision-makers and experts) for workshops, debates, exhibitions and networking opportunities. In addition to the Brussels-based workshops, local events are run from September to November all over Europe.
The European Week of Regions and Cities welcomes:
- Members of the European Committee of the Regions
- Members of the European Parliament and regional politicians
- European, national, regional and local government officials
- Experts in the field of managing and evaluating cohesion policy programme
- Representatives of private companies, financial institutions and associations
- Researchers in the field of urban policy
For more information, please visit the event website.