Please note that the the European Road Safety Summer School will now take place as an online course on 24-28 August 2020 due to Covid-19. Participants will follow a two-hour online course while interacting with the speaker. For the latest information on the event, please visit the event website.
The European Road Safety Summer School is an opportunity to learn about an integrated approach to road safety, based on good examples from European countries. The week will feature group discussions, networking and various knowledge exchange sessions.
There are five thematic areas, with one topic central to each day’s discussions. They are:
- Introduction, vision and strategy
- Education, awareness raising and enforcement
- Excursion Hasselt: Transportation Research Institute and city centre
- Vehicle safety technologies, road safety data ad stakeholders
- Excursion Brussels: the European framework and work-related road safety
The safety school is available to attend for single or multiple days, or the whole week.
The European Road Safety Summer School is an initiative organised by the Flemish Foundation for Traffic Knowledge (VSV), the Transportation Research Institute (IMOB), the European Transport Safety Council, the Polis Network, and Road Safety GB.
For more information, please visit their website.
For registration, please follow this link.