DG MOVE presents the EU Road Safety Results on 20 April 2021 between 09:00 - 12:30 CET.
The EU Road Safety Results Conference is an opportunity to engage with EU Member State authorities and all stakeholders on the progress being made with implementing the Safe System approach. In particular, it will allow participants to learn how work towards the Key Performance Indicators set out in the Next Steps Towards Vision Zero policy framework is moving forward. It will also offer a forum for analysis and exchange between senior EU policy makers and the wider European road safety community.
The agenda is as follows:
- Opening Words (Matthew Baldwin, Deputy Director General, DG MOVE, European Road Safety Coordinator)
- Welcome Address (Adina Vălean, European Commissioner for Transport)
- Keynote Address - The Importance of the Safe System Approach for Europe (Elena Kountoura, MEP)
- Monitoring Progress (Claire Depré, Head of Unit, Road Safety, DG MOVE)
- Panel Debate - Implementing the Safe Systems Approach in Europe (Henrik Hololei, Director General, DG MOVE, Elena Kountoura, MEP, Antonio Avenoso, Executive Director, European Transport Safety Council, Malina Kroumova, Chairperson, State Agency for Road Safety, Bulgaria, Denis Cusack, Director, Medical Bureau of Road Safety, Ireland)
- [Coffee Break]
- Breakout Sessions
- Speed (Juan María Aburto , Mayor of Bilbao, Koen Ricour, Chief Commissioner, Director, Belgian Federal Highway Police)
- Alcohol (Manuelle Salathé, Secretary General, Observatoire national interministériel de sécurité routière (ONISR) (FR))
- Distraction (Veronika Valentova, Director of Traffic Engineering, Road Safety and Strategy Division, CDV (CZ))
- Concluding Plenary Session (Karen Vancluysen, Secretary General, Polis, Maria Seguí Gomez, Independent consultant, Jonathon Passmore, Programme Manager - Violence and Injury Prevention, WHO Regional Office for Europe)
- Closing Words (Matthew Baldwin)