In its final conference, the EU co-funded SWITCH project will present results and share knowledge with European cities on embracing active travel for health, and developing sound local promotional campaigns.
The event will look at:
- Biking and walking take-up among school children through gamification;
- Encouraging active travel take-up at life-changing moments;
- Embracing active travel for health through medical advice;
- Delivering personalised travel-planning in different settings (residential and workplaces);
- Using ICT to boost active travel.
The SWITCH Toolbox - a resource made for transport planners, practitioners working in travel behavioural change, and sustainable mobility advocates on how to design and develop a tailored SWITCH campaign - will also be unveiled.
The conference is a half-day event, and will be followed by a training seminar for SWITCH 'Follower Cities'.
The event is free and is organised back-to-back to the 3rd European Conference on Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans.