The twenty-second session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 22) and the twelfth session of the Conference of the Parties serving as the meeting of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol (CMP 12) will be held in Bab Ighli, Marrakech, Morocco from 7-18 November 2016.
On 13 November, the PPMC is organising a Transport Day at COP22. The objectives of the Transport Day are to:
- Develop short-, medium- and long-term perspectives for transformative action by the transport sector in support of the ambition level (2DS/1.5DS) demonstrated by the Paris Agreement;
- Build bridges between transport and other sectors in support of integrated action on climate change and sustainable development;
- Support the Moroccan Presidency in realising its COP22 objectives: (a) global implementation plans of Paris agreement, (b) pre-2020 solutions for Africa; (c) focus on climate adaptation; (d) focus on role of women;
- Contribute towards strengthening of institutional governance in the transport sector further;
- Bring the transport community together.