How to ensure the long-lasting success of CIVITAS/EU-funded projects? How to grow urban mobility innovation? How to manage a transition to a sustainable urban mobility in your city?
A transition is a process of fundamental and irreversible change in a society’s culture, (institutional) structures and practices. It takes between 25 to 50 years for a transition to fully materialise and involves a combination of technological and social elements.
Transition management is fundamental to help initiate and sustain long-lasting change within cities wanting to advance their urban mobility practices. It allows new ideas and approaches to be introduced to combat the inertia that often stops cities changing their approach to addressing problems. In addition, it brings an explicit focus to the break-down and phase-out of undesired technologies, cultures and practices.
In this training, you will be introduced to the transition management concept and to tools that help you in your mobility projects, experiments and pilots. After completing this training, you will:
- Understand the transition management concept and its relevance
- Understand how it could be used in an urban mobility context
- Understand mechanisms that could be used to improve the chances of long-lasting success of CIVITAS/ EU projects, experiments and pilots.
All of those that are involved in the following activity type:
- Urban mobility innovation
- Developing and/or creating acceptance for active, sustainable and/or inclusive transport initiatives
- Sustainable urban mobility planning
- Process and project management
- Exploiting CIVITAS and EU project results and other experiments that contribute to sustainable mobility
The programme for this training session (subject to change):
- Welcome and introduction
- City case presenting the transition management added value and results
- Transition management introduced
- Transition management applied
- Group work
- Conclusions and wrap-up.
For more information, please visit here.
For registration, please here.