From 5 September 2022, the Call for Pilot Cities for NetZeroCities is open. Over a two-year period, the Pilot Cities programme will test and apply new techniques to foster rapid decarbonisation. To ensure systemic transformation, the pilots will include all thematic areas contributing to climate neutrality, such as mobility, energy systems and the built environment, material and resource flows, natural areas, cultural/social/financial/institutional systems, and accessible public spaces.
How to apply
The Draft Call Guidelines and a Pilot Communities Programme Guidebook are now available to assist cities in preparing their applications before the Call opens on 5 September; when the Call opens, the final Guidelines will be released. The documentation related to the Call will be nonetheless regularly updated to offer more support and guidance to cities intending to apply to the Pilot Cities Programme.
The Call will close on 4 November 2022. In February 2023, selected Pilot Cities will be notified.
The NZC consortium has scheduled a series of information sessions to support and guide cities:
- 27 June 2022 – Ambition, approach, application. Watch the recording & download the presentation
- 4 July 2022 – Criteria for selection and the selection process Watch the recording & download the presentation
- 5 September 2022 – 15:00 – 16:30: Refresher on the Ambition and Approach & Technical Information
- 7 September 2022 – 15:00 -16:30: Refresher on Eligibility and Assessment Criteria
- 8 September 2022 – 15:00 – 16:30: Pilot City Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Info Session
- Open forum (Q&A)