6th European Conference on Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMP) - new details for attendees
The European Conference on Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans is Europe's leading annual event for all those involved in putting the SUMP concept into practice. The event offers opportunities to network, debate key issues and to exchange ideas on sustainable urban mobility planning.
The conference will take place at De Oosterpoort, Trompsingel 27, 9724 DA Groningen, The Netherlands.
The final conference programme including speakers, side sessions and site visits is available here.
Join the side session E4 on Tuesday 18 June, 10:30-12:00 at De Oosterpoort: Facilitating urban mobility investments through SUMPs. The perspective of international banks and development organisations. This session is organised by European Investment Bank JASPERS. Find the agenda here.
If you wish to attend the conference, please register online here (registration closed on Friday 7 June.) Attendance is free of charge.
Collect your badge:
- On Sunday 16 June (ONLY) from 12:00 to 16:00 at the REGISTRATION DESK located at 5 minutes’ walk from Groningen train station: Gemeente Groningen, Gedempte Zuiderdiep 98.
- On Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 June, you can go directly to the conference premises at De Oosterpoort.
The full site visits plan is out! Please check all the site visits in the conference programme.
Accommodation in Groningen
A variety of accommodation options in the city centre are available for conference delegates at preferential rates. The attached PDF below includes information about the available hotels, their location and price. The hotel booking form is accessible here.
How to reach the venue
An important centre of Groningen’s cultural life, De Oosterpoort is located south-east of the city centre and is within walking distance from the Central Station. The address of De Oosterpoort is Trompsingel 27, 9724 DA Groningen.
Combine your visit to the conference in Groningen with other sustainable mobility events taking place at times directly before and after the 6th European Conference on Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans:
- International Cargo Bike Festival, 14-16 June, in Groningen
- Making transport more accessible and inclusive for all: new approaches and solutions, Tuesday 18 June, 16:00-18:00, De Oosterpoort
- Financing and procurement for sustainable urban mobility, Tuesday 18 June, 16:15-17:45, De Oosterpoort
- First SUMI Application Dialogue, Tuesday 18 June, 16:00-18:00, De Oosterport (Participation in this workshop is restricted to representatives of urban areas and Urban Area Coaches involved in the SUMI project)
Join the conversation on Twitter! The conference hashtag is #SUMP2019.
For more information