The increasing deployment of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies is opening up new avenues of research opportunities towards that future. Although, there have been a number of deployments of diverse IoT systems in the urban space, our understanding of these systems and their implications has just scratched the surface.
Urb-IoT is the 4th EAI International Conference on IoT in Urban Space, which will discuss these new avenues for research and broaden our understanding of IoT technologies.
The conference will cover multidisciplinary contributions in the areas of:
- Citizen Engagement: Methods and studies for citizen involvement through participatory sensing, crowd-sourcing, service co-creation or collective behavioural change.
- Urban Analytics: Empowering cities and citizens with valuable and actionable analytics, obtained directly from traces created by IoT in the urban environment or indirectly from locative services.
- IoT Applications and Services in Urban Context: Urban technologies and applications that challenge the state of the art and benefit citizens, policy makers, and urban planners.
Topics are themed by urban space and include:
- Monitoring the pulse of the city
- Understanding urban data using machine learning and mining techniques
- Urban analytics
- Urban IoT infrastructures
- Urban mobility and intelligent transportation systems
For more information, please visit the event website.