What does ECF want from its intranet?
ECF has networks (groups of decentralized actors) and each of them needs to have an individual internal/secure area which will allow them to interact, access resources and be reminded of events: In particular, ECF has the following networks:
- Members: 85 member organisations; most of them with more than one contact person and expertise in different areas;
- Scientists for Cycling: 220 scientists (mostly individuals) who work on fields related to cycling;
- Cities for Cyclists: 40 cities that work on promoting cycling policies – normally one contact per city is involved;
- ECF Board: 10 individual board members;
- Leadership programme: A network of small- and medium-sized ECF member organisations working closely with experts to improve their capacity and resources;
- Scientists for Cycling Advisory Board: A network of 10 individuals;
- World Cycling Alliance Board: A network of approximately 10 individuals;
- Cycling Industry Club: A network of 30 sponsors of ECF (one or two contacts per company);
- Cycling Industry Club Advisory Board: A network of 6-7 individuals from the cycling industry.
Groups might multiply or expand – and the intranet needs to be able to adjust. Almost all networks have their own logo and/or visual elements, so the graphic design work can be supported.
Each group needs to have:
- A discussion area: ECF network managers AND network members need to be able to start discussions as well as search in previous discussions (through keywords/search engine). They should be also able to upload documents, photos, files etc. Working with Google Docs or Dropbox would be an added value (but not essential);
- A network calendar for events, conferences etc;
- A network library of files (documents mostly) that one will be able to search though (per title). This will be the network's exclusive resource area;
- A method to include surveys, forms to fill in (maybe Google Forms) to facilitate data collection from our members;
- User-friendliness: The platform needs to be subject to some graphic design functionality:
- The service provider will have to customize the tool based on ECF needs – with the support of the ECF team working on the topic.
Current status & requirements
- Recently, ECF set up a CiviCRM contact database. The new intranet should be able to speak with the database and integrate contacts.
- Budget: Approx. €4 500
Please submit a proposal including a workplan and timeframe to complete the project before June 2015.