The focus areas for this role are:
- Digital Content & Campaigns
- Social Media
- Media Relations & News Generation
- Marketing Campaigns, Collateral, & Direct Mail
- Internal Communications & Stakeholder Engagement
You will need to have a passion for identifying and generating news stories and also for improving digital and social media engagement. You must have outstanding journalism and copywriting skills as well as the ability to generate content for a wide range of channels from a website to marketing collateral and press releases.
You will also need to have significant experience in creating and maintaining websites and delivering social media campaigns to increase engagement. You should have a natural affinity for digital and social media and understand emerging trends in corporate communications.
We are looking for someone who understands how to proactively generate news stories which communicate key corporate messages, promotes our technology and innovation projects, and raises the profile of the organisation. You must have experience managing the national news media and a proven track record of identifying or devising PR stories which achieve widespread national media coverage.
You will also need an inherent understanding of cutting-edge innovation in digital and social media communications and how to harness this to help an organisation evolve and engage using these channels.
Experience of managing designers and producing marketing materials will be an advantage as well as running direct mail campaigns and engaging stakeholders including internal (staff) audiences through communications campaigns.
- Lead the organisation’s media relations activity including being responsible for the media-relations strategy, generating press releases, and increasing the organisation’s profile in the national media;
- Lead the organisation’s emerging digital strategy, including managing the corporate website, and be responsible for generating high-quality, innovative, and creative content as well as managing the long-term evolution of the company’s digital presence;
- Manage the organisation’s content across all channels and social media;
- Manage the organisation’s social media channels and proactively create campaigns to increase engagement across key channels;
- Devise and project-manage marketing or communications campaigns which deliver corporate objectives;
- Work closely with the events manager on key external events and major campaigns;
- Deliver a creative monthly e-newsletter and other direct-mail activities as required;
- Create marketing solutions – from publications to digital campaigns – which help support the aims of the business;
- Support the management of the organisation’s brand and visual Identity – ensuring a clear, creativ, and coherent implementation across all external communications;
- Work in partnership with our executive team and HR team to develop communications campaigns which support internal communications and increase employee engagement.
- Risk assessment/problem-solving
- Emotional intelligence
- Highly motivated
- Team player
- Digital advocate