The annual SUMP award aims to encourage the adoption of sustainable urban mobility plans (SUMPs) by local authorities across Europe. The award has been presented three times as part the European Commisison's Sustainable Urban Mobility Campaign ("Do the right Mix"). Each year, the award has been given regarding a specific thematic focus in which the applicant cities perform exceptionally.
Past winners and finalists are:
- Thematic Focus: Stakeholder and citizen participation while planning and implementing the SUMP
- Winner: Aberdeen (UK)
- Finalists: Ljutomer (SL), Toulouse (FR)
- Thematic Focus: Integration of economic, social and environmental policy criteria
- Winner: Rivas Vaciamadrid (ES)
- Finalists: Vitoria-Gasteiz (ES), Strasbourg (FR)