The Sustainable Transport Forum (STF) is the Commission’s main formal expert forum to support the implementation of the Union’s alternative fuels policies, contributing to the European Union’s energy and climate goals.
On 15 June 2015, the Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport (DG MOVE) appointed the initial member-organisations of the STF. Their mandate was extended until 31 December 2022.
On 19 October 2022, the European Commission published a new call for applications to re-establish the membership of the STF. The deadline for applications expired on 15 November 2022. The initial call for applications was however republished with deadline 16 December 2022 to attract more participation of civil society organisations, as well as EU associations representing professional transport users.
DG MOVE has now appointed the new members of the STF. As of 7 February 2023, the nominated members are:
Type C members (organisations)
- Airport Services Association (ASA)
- AVERE (The European Association for Electromobility)
- Bureau Européen des Unions de Consommateurs (BEUC)
- ChargeUp Europe
- CharIN e.V.
- Commercial Vehicle Charging Europe
- Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies (CER)
- European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA)
- European Biodiesel Board (EBB)
- European Community Shipowners’ Associations (ECSA)
- European Federation of Inland ports (EFIP)
- European Fuel Manufacturers Association (FuelsEurope)
- European Inland Waterway Transport Platform (IWT)
- European Sea Ports Organisation (ESPO)
- Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM)
- Fleet Cards Europe
- Gas Infrastructucture Europe (GIE)
- Hydrogen Europe
- International Road Transport Union (IRU)
- Lufthansa Group
- Platform for electromobility
- Transport & Environment
- Union Internationale des Chemins de fer (UIC)
- Union Internationale des Transports Publics (UITP)
For organisations, the mandate is subject to the registration in the Transparency Register.
Type D members (Member States' authorities)
All EU Member States
Type E members (other public entities)
- The European Investment Bank (EIB)
- The International Transport Forum (ITF)
- The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
The appointment is valid until 31 December 2027, with an extension possibility.
The following organisations, authorities and/or public entities have been invited to attend the STF as observers (and the DG MOVE services may invite more):
- The European Free Trade Association (EFTA)
- Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway
- All EU candidate countries and potential candidate countries (i.e. countries that formally submitted their application for EU membership)
- The European standardisation organisations CEN, CENELEC and ETSI
- The European Alternative Fuels Observatory (EAFO)
- Voies Navigables de France (VNF)
Photo credits: DG MOVE