The VCÖ (Traffic Club Austria) has launched online voting for its prestigious annual VCÖ mobility award. More than 385 projects covering research, concepts, ideas and implementation of measures have been submitted to the VCÖ mobility award. This year’s theme is “get traffic on the track of climate change” highlighting the need for a turnaround of today’s mobility to comply with climate protection objectives.
The VCÖ mobility award recognised achievements in these categories:
- Mobility management
- Research and scientific studies
- Ideas, concepts and pilot projects
- Travel, tourism, leisure
- Digitalisation – concepts and pilot projects
- Spatial planning, settlement development, living
- Active mobility
- Transport, logistics, freight transport
- Public transport and multimodality
- Barrier-free and inclusive mobility
- Mobility-as-a-Service and Sharing
- International lighthouse projects
All interested stakeholders or organisations are invited to take part in the public voting. To vote, one can select any of the categories and rank five to six listed projects. An expert jury’s vote, which has already been completed, will complement the final choice of projects to award.
Public voting is open until Monday, 27th of July 2020.
Photo Credit: © FGM-AMOR