In February 2022 the second meeting of the Commission Expert Group on Urban Mobility (EGUM) took place. During this meeting 77 members came together in person and online, representing the 27 Member States, 25 cities and regions as well as 25 other associated stakeholders.
During this meeting a new work plan was adopted for 2023-2024 and agreement was reached on adopting 6 sub-groups to deal with priority urban mobility topics.
These sub-groups will cover:
- Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning (SUMP) with data and indicators
- Public Transport and Shared Mobility
- Urban Vehicle Access Regulations (UVARs)
- Urban Logistics
- Active Mobility (walking, cycling) and safety of vulnerable road users
- The future of urban mobility and inclusive urban space
The expert group has been set up to support the Commission in the implementation of the EU Urban Mobility Framework and to promote a dialogue and the co-creation of actions between cities, regions and stakeholders on urban mobility issues.
The full list of members is available at the Register of Commission Expert Groups.
Photo credit: Piotr Rapacz (DG MOVE)