To coincide with the launch of the 2nd edition of the Guidelines for Developing and Implementing a Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan, Eltis has worked with some of the Guideline authors and coordinators to produce a series of videos about the revisions. The video videos have been designed to explain why the updates had become necessary, how the documents have been updated and also to introduce the complementary thematic guides produced alongside this second edition.
You can find out from the authors – in their own words, why it’s important to include information on a wide range of topics. In addition, we have produced an animated video that outlines the 8 core principles of developing a SUMP.
Here you can find the videos, which include;
Revised SUMP Guidelines
- Introducing the Revised SUMP Guidelines
- Extending the SUMP Guidelines to include a range of topics
- Who can use the Guidelines?
- The videos above are between 3 – 5 minutes long. For a brief summary of the revisions and why they became necessary, you can watch a short video summary.
Production of these videos has been made possible with the assistance and co-operation of;
- Mr. Matthew Baldwin, Deputy Director-General, responsible for Mobility and Transport (DG MOVE)
- Mr. Siegfried Rupprecht, Executive Director, Rupprecht Consult
- Mr. Thomas Mourey, Project Manager, Polis
- Dr. Georgia Aifadopoulou, Research Director – Deputy Director, Hellenic Institute of Transport (HIT)
- Ms. Bronwen Thornton, Chief Executive Officer, Walk21
- Mr. Dirk Engels, Independent Mobility Expert, Transport & Mobility Leuven
- Mr. Fabio Tomasi, International Projects Unit Manager, Area Science Park
With special thanks also to the SUMPs-Up project; a CIVITAS 2020 initiative.