European Clean Air Day is an opportunity to learn more about air pollution, share knowledge and help make European air cleaner.
In Europe, emissions of air pollutants have decreased substantially over the years, but concentrations are still too high. There are half a million early deaths in Europe because of pollution. People in cities are constantly exposed to levels of air pollution deemed harmful by the World Health Organization.
You can make a difference by joining the European Clean Air Day on 15 October 2020, by:
- Registering as a participant;
- Spreading the word on social media by posting a picture of how you contribute to improving air quality #CleanAirDayEU and #CleanAirDay or send it to email@example.com;
- Joining the European Clean Air Day Activity Map showing your location;
- Attending a live activity;
- Monitoring air quality where you live with a DIY sensor or some paper and vaseline;
- Running and promoting an awareness campaign – such as walking to school.
This is not just for one day a year; these resources are available throughout the year. You can also sign up to keep updated and hear about future plans.