The Annex To The Guidelines For Developing And Implementing A Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (2nd Edition) is now available. The annex contains a collection of European SUMP stories, a glossary, checklists for all SUMP Phases, and an overview of all SUMP Guidance documents - and the experts who took part in consultations. Available to download now from Eltis.
After the release of the SUMP Guidelines at the CIVITAS Conference in Graz, there was still one part missing: The Annex. Since the publication of the Guidelines, the Rupprecht Consult team intensively worked on a comprehensive document filled with additional content, that is available for download now: Annex To The Guidelines For Developing And Implementing A Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (2nd Edition)
See the Annex for:
- A Glossary with a selection of the most important SUMP-related definitions;
- Printable Checklists for all activities of the SUMP cycle, that can be used by cities for checking off all different tasks during the process;
- A comprehensive collection of 63 Good Practice Examples from European SUMP cities;
- An overview of the complementary guides and briefings to the SUMP Guidelines; and
- A list of all experts consulted during the SUMP Guidelines development process.
With the Good Practice Examples as the centrepiece of the Annex, experiences with all SUMP activities are described by 58 European SUMP cities. The cities explain what the specific activity looks like in their context, allowing us to understand the content and depth of the 12 steps of the SUMP cycle and how they can be translated into practice. For example, we see how Tampere, Finland used the construction of a new tram in the city to introduce new mobility management actions; how Monzón, Spain linked its SUMP development with a Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plan; how Thessaloniki, Greece set up a mobility forum for action planning or how Malmö, Sweden developed its own accessibility index as part of its indicator set.
The Annex, alongside the main guidance document and all Practitioner Briefings and Topic Guides can be downloaded as a PDF from: https://www.eltis.org/mobility-plans/sump-guidelines
The main document is also available as an online document allowing the user to navigate between linked sections.