The evaluation results (> Activity 10.3: Check progress towards achieving the objectives) should feed back into the process regularly to optimise the process and the implementation. A certain flexibility to update the plan is needed to guarantee that new developments and insights are taken into account. Otherwise the plan might lose its effectiveness over time.
- Respond to new developments.
- Ensure that implementation is on track and targets are reached.
- Optimise the implementation process.
- Be flexible about updating the plan and making changes to measure implementation.
- Identify areas where the objectives could not be reached or where new developments rendered the plan out of date.
- Make corrections where necessary in cooperation with relevant actors. The implementation programme can be modified based on how the strategy performs during the implementation period, which usually lasts between three and ten years.
- Set out clearly the changes to the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan that result from the evaluation and get formal approval at the political level.
Timing and coordination
- Review and update at least every five years.
||Necessary amendments in implementation of measures identified.
||Amendments discussed with actors concerned.
||Plan update concluded.