- Non-paper "Road safety planning, good practice examples from national road safety strategies in the EU"
- Communication "Towards a European road safety area: policy orientations on road safety 2011-2020" COM(2010)389
- Regulation (EC) No 78/2009 on the type-approval of motor vehicles with regard to the protection of pedestrians and other vulnerable road users
- Directive 2008/96/EC on road infrastructure safety management
- The Directive only applies mandatorily to motorways but the principles of the Directive are promoted as best practice for all road infrastructure management including inside urban areas
- Directive 2007/38/EC on the retrofitting of mirrors to heavy goods vehicles registered in the Community
- The legislation concerns the risks of collision between heavy vehicles and vulnerable road users (pedestrians and cyclists) which primarily is a concern inside urban areas.
- Directive 2003/59/EC on the initial qualification and periodic training of drivers of certain road vehicles for the carriage of goods or passengers
- Specific concerns of heavy vehicles in urban areas
- Council Decision 93/704/EC on a Community database on road accidents
- Directive 91/671/EEC relating to the compulsory use of safety belts and child-restraint systems in vehicles
Date of adoption:
18 Nov 2014
Entry into Force:
18 Nov 2014