Note: the legislation on vehicles is rather large and only the most relevant one for urban mobility is listed below.
The full list is accessible here
- Commission Staff Working Document "Guidelines on financial incentives for clean and energy efficient vehicles" SWD(2013)27
- Communication "Clean Power for Transport: A European alternative fuels strategy" COM(2013)17 (PDF)
- The Clean Power for Transport package establishes that a mix of alternative fuels is necessary to break the transport sector's dependence on oil, and it introduces a legislative proposal for the deployment of an EU-wide recharging and refuelling network for electricity, hydrogen and natural gas.
- Regulation (EU) No 510/2011 setting emission performance standards for new light commercial vehicles
- Amended by Regulation (EU) No 253/2014
- Regulation (EU) No 63/2011 laying down detailed provisions for the application for a derogation from the specific CO 2 emission targets
- Regulation (EU) No 1222/2009 on tyre Labelling with respect to fuel efficiency
- Directive 2009/33/EC on Clean Vehicles
- Regulation (EU) No 443/2009 setting emission performance standards for new passenger cars
- Directive 2009/30/EC amending Directive 98/70/EC as regards the specification of petrol, diesel and gas-oil and introducing a mechanism to monitor and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Regulation (EC) No 715/2007 on type approval of motor vehicles with respect to emissions from light passenger and commercial vehicles (Euro 5 and Euro 6) and on access to vehicle repair and maintenance information
- Regulation (EC) No 692/2008 amending Regulation (EC) No 715/2007 as regards type-approval requirements for motor vehicles fuelled by hydrogen and mixtures of hydrogen and natural gas
- Regulation (EU) No 630/2012 amending Regulation (EC) No 692/2008, as regards type-approval requirements for motor vehicles fuelled by hydrogen and mixtures of hydrogen and natural gas with respect to emissions, and the inclusion of specific information regarding vehicles fitted with an electric power train in the information document for the purpose of EC type-approval.
- Directive 2007/46/EC establishing a framework for the approval of motor vehicles and their trailers, and of systems, components and separate technical units intended for such vehicles.
- This Directive was amended a large number of times since 2007. Below are the most important amendments, but for completeness we refer the reader to: http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/sectors/automotive/documents/directives/index_en.htm
2) Regulation (EU) 136/2014 amending Directive 2007/46/EC, Regulation (EC) 692/2008 as regards emissions from light passenger and commercial vehicles (Euro 5 and Euro 6) and Regulation (EU) 582/2011 as regards emissions from heavy duty vehicles (Euro VI)
3) Regulation (EU) 133/2014 amending Directive 2007/46/EC for the purposes of adapting to technical progress as regards emission limits
4) Regulation (EU) No 195/2013 amending Directive 2007/46/EC and Regulation (EC) 692/2008 as concerns innovative technologies for reducing CO2 emissions from light passenger and commercial vehicles