MobiliseYourCity has organised a cycling trip from Amsterdam to Groningen (The Netherlands), the host city of the 6th European SUMP conference (17-18 June).
From 15-16 June, the 2-day cycling trip will involve 10 hours of cycling across 192km from Amsterdam to Groningen, and is aimed at you, your colleagues and the MobiliseYourCity Secretariat Team. The MobiliseYourCity Partnership takes an active part in the SUMP Conference every year, as its goal is to extend the SUMP concept to developing countries and cities (for more information visit here).
- To promote cycling as a sustainable way of travelling
- It is a nice way to travel to the 6th European SUMP Conference
- It's fun, healthy and environmentally friendly
The free SUMP Conference is Europe's leading annual event for all those involved in putting the SUMP concept into practice. It is a forum for policy makers, local authorities, urban transport planners, academics, NGOs and other mobility professionals involved in SUMPs and an opportunity to network, debate key issues and to exchange ideas on sustainable urban mobility planning. The focus for the 6th European SUMP conference is:
- How to provide support to sustainable and active cities within the SUMP context;
- Presentation of the updated Europe SUMP guidelines remodelled to reflect recent trends in mobility, technology and society.
For more information specifically on the conference visit www.eltis.org/sump2019.
For more information on how to join the bike ride, contact the MobiliseYourCity Secretariat:
- Gabrielle Fontaine (Intern of the Secretariat) (firstname.lastname@example.org)