Krakow perceives the necessity to introduce a high standard priority system in urban public transport. Introducing new solutions, such as more and more separate bus and tram lanes and traffic lights with privilege of public transport vehicles is the most effective way to create a modern, efficient and more friendly public transport for passengers.
Objectives / Innovative AspectsObjectives:
- To improve punctuality and regularity of public transport vehicles operation.
- To reduce travel time and its randomness.
- To enlarge timetables’ feasibility.
- To increase the number of trips realised by public transport.
- To reduce the number of private cars in the city centre.
- To improve the passengers information system.
- To design a new database with measurements of public transport vehicles operation.
- To formulate new indicators for public transport quality.
The MeasureThe general tasks of the measure are the design, the development, the analysis and the evaluation of the public transport priority system in Krakow. Existing and new designed parts of the system will be combined. Within the research and technological development activities are conducted concerning the study of the priority corridors, the planning of experiments and the organising and the performance of measurements. There are some demonstration activities that come with the measure regarding the definition of the overall technological aspects of the system, the developing of the needed software, the implementation of the technological system and the operation and testing of the public transport priority system. Additionally the evaluation activities were worked out.
Implementation Status1 Description of existing situation - priorities for PT in Kraków