The Province of Asti is working with the municipalities of its territory for identifying mobility measures that can be applied at the local level. It is also collaborating with local companies supporting the creation and implementation of mobility plans, and has nominated an Area Mobility Manager.
LONG TERM ACTIVITIES OF SUPPORT FOR THE EMPLOYEES OF THE PROVINCE OF ASTI, THE COMPANIES AND THE AUTHORITIES OF THE PROVINCE OF ASTI
1. Promotion of the project
2. Information & training activities at the premises of local companies and local authorities
3. Support to for the production of workplace mobility plans
4. Consultancy for the integration of workplace mobility plans to the mobility policy of the Province of Asti
5. Identification of solutions for the improvement of the transport services offered and their integration into innovative transport systems in order to guarantee travel interchange
6. Promotion and testing of services such as car pooling
7. Monitoring of the measures adopted.
ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES AIMED AT THE LOCAL COMPANIES
1. Kick off meeting with the local companies
2. Start up meeting with each single company
3. Initiative “Commuter Under Test”: research of volunteers that travel to work by car, willing to change their attitude for a month and use the public transport.
4. Support for the application to the Regional Call “Transporto Pubblico Locale”.
ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES AIMED AT THE MUNICIPALITIES OF THE TERRITORY OF THE PROVINCIA
1. Contest for sustainable local festivals
2. Organisation of the “Car Free Day” (spring 2008)
3. Information and promotion activities at local schools
4. Participation at the meeting on mobility with the Municipality of Asti in order to carry out common actions.
ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES FOR THE EMPLOYEES OF THE PROVINCIA DI ASTI
1. Participation at the Regional Call “Transporto Pubblico Locale”
2. Promotion of the use of bikes
3. Promotion of sustainable transfers: a contest with prizes for the employees that use sustainable modes of transport for their transfers
4. Initiative “Desk Timetables”: distribution of cards with the timetables of the local transport
PROMOTION ACTIVITIES AIMED AT THE CITIZENS
1. Conference on air quality entitled “Che aria tira” (04/02/2008)
2. As part of the conference “Che aria tira” it was organised a discussion on services on call.
- Companies that participate at the project (Province of Asti included): 12
- Companies that have nominated a Mobility Manager: 7
- Questionnaires distributed: around 2700
- Percentage of response: around 70%
- Nr. of employees of the Province of Asti that have adhered at the regional call for discounted yearly tickets: 46
- Nr. of employees that have switched from the car to the public transport: 12
- Produced and distributed 72 cards with the timetables of public transport
- Economic incentives appear to be interesting for both employees and companies.
- The offer of support throughout the development of the project is an attracting factor for the companies.
- It is very useful to act as a reference point that brings in contact the private sector with the local transport companies (i.e. for timetable modifications) and authorities.