This is an innovative measure for the metropolis aiming at improving intermodality between all means of transport and, doing so, creating a pole offering a true alternative for the use of private car.
Objectives / Innovative AspectsExcessive presence of private car, unbalanced split of use of road infrastructure among the various mobility modes.For that reason the measure aims to:
- improve intermodality between all means of transport;
- limit the growth of the use of the private car and even to push it away from the city;
- double the use of collective transport from here 2010.
The MeasureThe project aims at the development of intermodality through following elements:
- reinforcement of the bus attractiveness: the offer must be consolidated with the purchase of a hundred additional buses before 2006. This new offer will make it possible to better structure the service on the territory of the community. During the renovation of the bus fleet, the priority will be given to the vehicles accessible to reduced mobility people and functioning with clean" fuel.
- the valorisation of transport in exclusive right of way: TER (express regional transport, the regional train offer). Further to the future doubling of the subway, it is envisaged an increase in capacity of the TER trains and a frequency increased at the peak hours on three main lines;
- the organization and continuity between collective and individual transport by the refitting of existing relay parks or by the creation of new sites;
- continuation of tariff integration and multimodal information in order to separate the various transport systems and to make the offer more coherent and more readable: to use only one single ticket within the metropolis, to propose tariffs for the short trips.
Implementation StatusThe following work will be done within the measure:Two sites in Lille Metropole, chosen because they are key nodes serving two important cities in Lille Metropole.At each site, LMCU will:
- improve the PT means interlinkages (ex: bus stops closer to the metro station and more friendly) and improve the connection timetable between PT services in partnership with the other PT authorities;
- improve Park and Ride facilities;
- improve the design at the interchanges to become more customer friendly (streets, green spaces, pavement).
ResultsAs the interchanges are not yet built, measurements will not be produced.The indicators will be based on the planning process in relation to travel time, intermodal delays, traffic evolutions, reduction of noise levels, comfort of use level, general satisfaction of the users, reduction of private car traffic, etc.
24 Nov 2006
29 Aug 2014