TRANSPORT LEARNING offers a flexible but comprehensive training programme on sustainable urban transport policies and measures targeted at eight countries: Bulgaria, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Spain.
The training events are for local authorities and energy agencies in these regions, but anyone working, or planning to work on sustainable transport issues is also welcome.
The project’s training programme covers eight topics:
- Parking space management, access restriction and speed control
- Mobility management measures for families, kindergartens and schools
- Land use and housing in mobility management
- Public transport models
- Street design, streetscape and traffic calming
- Walking and cycling - counselling municipalities
- Design and implementation of sustainable mobility campaigns
- Communication training
All topics are designed to give participants knowledge and understanding of the relevant policies and measures that they can then apply directly in their work.
Firstly, trainees will participate actively in a practical two-day training course. Here they will learn the required technical background, but will mainly build on and develop their own knowledge and experience by means practical exercises. All courses will be held with simultaneous translation to/from the respective country’s mother tongue and English.
Secondly, trainees will develop and implement small scale projects, called mini-projects, as their first practical application of the new knowledge gained. They will make a start on the concept and work plan for their mini-projects during the training course, and then later the trainers will mentor the trainees as they carry out their mini-projects. Trainees can choose freely which and how many of the eight training events they want to take part in; furthermore (and importantly!) participation is free of any charge!
The registration for the training is now open! Simply visit the project website www.transportlearning.net and click on“register now!”. The form that then opens allows you to choose freely which training topics are of interest for you.
The first training courses are:
7th – 8th of May 2012
- GREECE: Design and implementation of sustainable mobility campaigns
- HUNGARY: Public transport models
- ITALY: Mobility management measures for families, kindergartens and schools
- POLAND: Land use and housing in Mobility Management
18th – 19th of June 2012
- BULGARIA: Communication training
- PORTUGAL: Street design, streetscape and traffic calming
- ROMANIA: Walking and cycling – counselling municipalities
- SPAIN: Parking space management, access restrictions and speed control
The full training calendar with all dates and locations is available here! Trainings are free of charge.
TRANSPORT LEARNING is a new project of the Intelligent Energy Europe programme. It comprises 15 partners led by the Technical University of Dresden. Further information on TRANSPORT LEARNING, any requests related to the training as well as queries related to the project in general can be directed to the project partners using the online contact form.