Welcome to the April edition of the Eltis newsletter.
This month, we highlight the winners of the EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK, SUMP and Road Safety Awards; findings from the EU Road Safety Results Conference; and the relaunch of the European Road Safety Charter.
We also feature:
- a Spanish translation of the SUMP Summary for Decision-makers;
- a new report by CE Delft and the European Public Health Alliance (EPHA) in tackling the surge in air pollution;
- an article on Baden-Württemberg in Germany supporting municipalities in hiring new employees for sustainable mobility;
- six EIT Urban Mobility calls for proposals;
- the 15 new projects recommended for funding under the ERA-NET Cofund on Urban Accessibility and Connectivity;
- the outputs from the Smart Rural Transport Areas (SMARTA) project;
- a new report on how the bicycle revolution has disrupted French cities.
Finally, we share a case study on using social media data analysis to generate demand-responsive collective bus routes in Barcelona, as well the 'SUMP-Central Competence Centre' online portal that supports the specific development of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs) in regions of central Europe.
Please note that the home page of the Eltis website is frequently updated with details of useful online networking events and webinars. Many of these events are arranged at short notice, so it’s worth checking in on a regular basis.
The Eltis team