Urban and metropolitan adaptation to Climate Change
The European urban context faces new issues related to climate change, such as record-breaking heatwaves, pollution peaks and waste management. A number of solutions to fight against climate change and mitigate it in the best conditions are thought out locally, at municipal level.
This conference will present local solutions to these issues. Key topics include:
- Integration of Nature-based solutions
- Food self-sufficiency initiatives
- Water, Air and Soil Strategies
- Environment & Health policies
The conference aims to provide the space to discuss the schemes which make cities and urban areas more resilient, as well as the methods necessary to ensure tomorrow’s climate stabilisation in the field.
In addition, the event will provide solutions to the following questions:
- What are the levers at metropolitan scale?
- How does Europe support cities to face these major issues in the best conditions?
While Lille Metropole is currently revising its local Climate and Energy Plan, this conference will be an opportunity to highlight initiatives co-designed and implemented by citizens.
For more information, visit the event website.