Design of Transport Infrastructure
- The derivation of the current UK road design standard: TD9: Highway Link Design
- The role of safety in highway design
- How to apply geometric design standards
- Calculation of horizontal and vertical alignment
- Introduction to basic highway modelling on computers
- Research into design speed, operating speed and geometric consistency
- Principles of junction design
- Junction capacity assessment
- Introduction to road pavements, materials, traffic loading, design and maintenance
The first session may be accessed as an independent two day course, ‘Highway Geometric Design’
This course is delivered in three blocks of two days, in separate weeks.
For more information and how to book, click here.