Conference on sustainable urban mobility, Zagreb, 06 December 2018
Learn about good practices, find out what Zagreb is doing in terms of sustainable mobility and participate in a panel discussion.
ODRAZ and the CIVINET Slovenia-Croatia-JIE network are inviting traffic experts, spatial planners, representatives of associations, public companies and the media and all interested in sustainable urban transport issues to join the conference on sustainable urban mobility.
The event will take place on 06 December 2018 at the HKD Napredak, Zagreb (Bogovićeva 1 / 1st floor, Zagreb)
The programme for the event includes:
Panel discussion "Integrated Traffic" / 11.00 - 13.00
Organised in cooperation with the Association of Cities in Croatia (National Point of Program URBACT), the panel discussion on integrated traffic will discuss the lessons and experiences of Zagreb, Ljubljana, Varaždin County and surrounding areas, as well as the experiences and results of Croatian cities participating in the URBACT program focussing on sustainable mobility.
Participants in the panel:
- Ante Kleina / Varaždin County
- Matic Sopotnik / Mestna občina Ljubljana
- Damir Kapuđija / IPZP - Integrated traffic of the Zagreb area
- Petra Grgasović / expert for URBACT for urban mobility
The moderator of the discussion is ODRAZ Director Lidija Pavić-Rogošić.
Presentation of Good Practice Examples / 14.00 - 15.00
Presenting practices from:
- The city of Zagreb and Sustainable Mobility - Plans and Projects / Matija Vuger, City of Zagreb
- Presentation of URBACT III program / Marko Ercegović, National URBACT point / Association of Cities in Croatia
- Project "CIVITAS Prosperity" / Nebojša Kalanj, City of Koprivnica
- Graduate study "Sustainable Mobility and Logistics" / Predrag Brlek, University North
Sustainable urban mobility initiatives in the City of Zagreb / 15.30 - 16.45
Presentation of activities that are currently being carried out in Zagreb to promote sustainable urban mobility. Presentations include:
- Marko Slavulj, Faculty of Traffic Science / Concepts in Urban Traffic - Smart Mobility, SUMP
- Petra Grgasović / Mobility as a Service in Cities of the Future
- Darinka Jug, City of Zagreb / Sharing traffic as a smart solution or necessary solution
- Emil Kirby, Zagreb Pedicab / Zagreb Pedicab - Zagreb from a different perspective
- Krešimir Dvorski, Public Bicycle System / Baby you can share my bike
On 07 December 2018, a field visit will be organised in cooperation with the City Office for Strategic Planning and Development of the City. Participants can visit several newly renovated city locations and enjoy a joint bike ride with the Nextbike Croatia and Zagreb Padicab.
Image source: © Dreamer4787 / Shutterstock.com - no permission to re-use image(s) without separate licence from Shutterstock