About the platform
The European Platform on Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans supports the transition towards competitive and resource-efficient mobility systems in European cities by:
- Supporting the further development of the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (SUMP) concept and the tools required for its successful application by local planning authorities;
- Providing this Mobility Plans portal to disseminate relevant information, publications and tools;
- Facilitating the co-ordination and co-operation across the different EU-supported actions through a Co-ordinating Group;
- Offering opportunities for the exchange of knowledge, experiences and contacts through an annual SUMP conference, events, training courses and social media.
The work of the Platform is supported by a Secretariat which serves also as a central contact point for all inquiries.
The Mobility Plans portal
The Mobility Plans portal provides you with a wealth of information on how to develop and implement a SUMP, including:
- Information about the elements of a SUMP;
- Guidelines on the process of developing and implementing a SUMP;
- Selected tools, guides, handbooks and reports to support urban mobility professionals in their work;
- Case studies that analyse selected local examples of the development and implementation of mobility plans;
- A Forum on which Friends of Eltis discuss all matters related to sustainable urban mobility;
- A database on the involvement of cities in EU activities related to sustainable urban mobility planning.
We hope that you find the Mobility Plans portal engaging and informative. If you have a question, or would like to make a suggestion or comment, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The Co-ordinating Group brings together representatives from relevant on-going EU-supported actions to:
- Exchange information and lessons learnt;
- Identify and exploit synergies;
- Agree on common views to inform the further development of the SUMP concept and tools; and
- Assist in the co-ordination of outward presentation of the various initiatives.
The Platform intends to organise annual conferences to promote the concept of SUMPs across the EU. The conferences will highlight the latest developments in urban mobility planning, foster the exchange of ideas and experiences and offer a networking opportunity for those involved in the development and implementation of such plans.
The fourth European Conference on SUMPs will take place on 29 - 30 March 2017 in Dubrovnik (Croatia).
The third European Conference on SUMPs took place on 12 - 13 April 2016 in Bremen (Germany).
The second European Conference on SUMPs took place on 16-17 June 2015 in Bucharest (Romania).
The first European Conference on SUMPs took place on 12-14 June 2014 in Sopot (Poland).
Keep an eye on our Events page for news of future SUMP conferences.