The 2018 SUMP Award on multimodality is now open for applications! The call for applications is open until 1 October 2018.
First introduced by the European Commission in 2012, the award helps showcase successful SUMP implementation and honours cities that are demonstrating excellence and raising the profile of SUMPs across Europe.
The SUMP Award recognises local and regional authorities by focusing on a specific topic, each year. The 7th SUMP Award focuses on multimodality, which has been declared theme of the year by the European Commission - DG MOVE. This encourages planning for different modes and for a combination of several modes.
The jury for the 7th SUMP Award includes:
- Dirk Engs, Transport & Mobility Leuven
- Siegfried Rupprecht, Rupprecht Consult
- Bronwen Thornton, Walk21
The jury will assess applications on the basis of the following criteria;
- Planning for a balanced modal split
- Development of active mobility (walking and cycling)
- Development of public transport
- Development of new mobility services (e.g. shared mobility)
- Improvement of links between modes
- Multimodal strategy for urban logistics
Award logo courtesy of Eurocities.